In our JIRA Instance we have set of users, need to update the email address. Is there any way to update them at once ? Bulk change ?
Bulk change is for issue data, not users. I'm afraid there's no automated way to do this.
Script-runner could probably do it of course, but you'd still need to feed it a list of updated email addresses.
That's why we use an LDAP user directory. We change the email from the active directory where the actual email adresses are assigned to users, so the changes take place automatically.
But if I had to do change emails on internal directory users, I would use the JIRA CLI plugin.
https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JCLI/Reference#Reference-updateUser
You can run a script in the language you like and feed it your list of usernames and emails.
Of course, scriptrunner is also good, and has other very useful applications.
Can we use SQL query for this ?
Yes, as long as
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.