This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Switch to the Default Theme
After switching a space back to the default theme, the sidebar is blank.
I followed the troubleshooting guide on https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/switch-to-the-default-theme-790795554.html however I have been unable to amerlorate the fault.
I changed back to documentation theme and I get the side bar back and confirmed no layouts had been changed from the defaults. Upon reverting to the default theme the sidebar once again is blank.Are there any additional troubleshooting steps I can look into?Cheers
Managed to fix this in test with some rather naughty poking about in the back in SQL.
I came across this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-41425
Which made me suspect this was the issue I had. There was enough detail to directly poke about in my test environment, so I just checked the AO_187CCC_SIDEBAR_LINK table for something that looked wrong and spotted duplicates. I had no idea what I was doing, entirely on hunches I just deleted the newer keys which looked like duplicates for the space (Its what test is for right?) and deleted the rows directly from the SQL table.While it worked, I have no idea if this will cause further issues later on, so the plan is to wait for the bug to be fixed and implement the official fix on the live environment. (As it would appear a fix is currently under review)Only mentioning if any of you are unable to wait.
Cheers,
Jon
How do you have your sidebar configured?
image2016-6-20 9:16:1.png
As you can see, nothing in the sidebar:
image2016-6-20 19:1:15.png
Only on this space however, its fine on all other spaces:
image2016-6-20 19:1:57.png
Cheers
Do you have any stylesheet rules setup for this space that could be affecting the sidebar? You could get to it by the following URL. Also, is it every page of that space or just the home page of that space?
http://{yourserver}/spaces/viewstylesheet.action?key={spacekey}
Hi Davin
It only affects this one space, the sidebar is missing only on this space and any child pages of this space. As far as I could tell, there are no custom fields on any aspect of the space either:
image2016-6-21 10:1:26.png
Prior to jumping on the forums, I set a working space to the Documentation theme, and the space with the broken sidebar and methodically clicked through every option for custom settings and ensured they were the same. All settings are on default.I then changed both spaces back to the default theme and checked every option there also.
image2016-6-21 10:7:33.png
image2016-6-21 10:8:41.png
As far as I can tell, every option on both documentation theme and default theme are defaults for the space with the missing sidebar, compared against the other spaces they are also identical on the options.
The issue will no doubt be a layer 8 fault on my side on some trivial option I have overlooked, but if you can point me in that direction I would be grateful.
Cheers.
Hi!
I'm having the same problems, after upgrading to confluence 5.10 my home dashboard sidebar doesn't show, neither the buttons.
Hi Samanta,
Did you do this live directly or is this just your upgrade test prior to putting it live?If it is your test environment, just open the back end SQL and delete the duplicate keys out and the sidebars will come back:
image2016-7-14 9:8:51.png
The sidebar was only missing on one of my spaces, not all, so it was a case of locating the newer duplicate keys and deleting them directly from the table.AO_187CCC_SIDEBAR_LINK table screenshot.png
Note: This was only for one of my spaces, initially this was caused by the Documentation theme, which after switching to the default theme the side bars came back correctly.https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/switch-to-the-default-theme-790795554.htmlIf this is your live system I would advise against making changes directly to the SQL back end unless instructed by Atlassian support.Hope this helps.Cheers,Jon
Hi,
i've resolved the problem, here's what i've done:
Glad you got it all sorted.I made the error of thinking you were after the new side bar menu:
image2016-7-15 15:33:28.png
I'm running into exactly the same situation as Jon experienced.
As of today i noticed one of my spaces did not display the pagetree.I started looking into this issue and reading up on solutions - nothing seemed to work and then i ran into this thread..
All spaces are using the same 'Global Look and Feel' template ( no code attached to it, just some simple color branding )
If I change to the documentation theme, the tree view works but there are also no buttons at the bottom.Exactly the same situation as described previously.
I went into the AO_187CCC_sidebar_link table in the Postgre database but there are no duplicates here.
So i'm at a complete loss as to what might be causing this, anyone have any other bright idea's?
Regards,David
Hi David,
I am using a SQL back end for the database, and I ended up applying this 'fix' on our live environment in the end as it was becoming quite irksome.
I take it you followed the link to here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-41425
Confluence --> Tables -->
image2016-11-8 12:2:47.png
Could you post a screen shot of the content:
image2016-11-8 12:5:10.png
Hi Jon,
Yes, i ran into that article after i ran into this thread.As for the screenshot :sidebar_link.pngLSFS is the space where i'm having the issue.
Do you have a test system running?If so can you do a live to test copy and then remove line 57 from the table?image2016-11-8 13:10:24.png
Under the advice of 'I have no idea what I am doing' if you don't have a test system, please do not perform this action as I genuinely don't know what will happen in this case. I have not seen the space-calendar-sidebar-link in my system. Do you have Team calendars for confluence? (I don't)Cheers,Jon
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.