i want to clean up some of our labels and modify some of them. But I can't possibly delete the label from everywhere it is used and then add a new one. I just want to modify it in one place and have it apply to each instance it is used. Is this possible?
It's not a built in feature of Confluence, but you can use a user macro I wrote to be able to do this:
https://bitbucket.org/stephendeutsch/confluence-user-macros/src/39c3a025dacc6b45abc0105f0b7a21a7375690b4/label%20management%20tool/?at=master
Just copy and paste the text from label management tool.vm into a new user macro (you may want it to be visible only for administrators), embed it in a page, and you should be all set to go.
Alternatively, there is a paid addon for server that allows you to do this:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.kostebekteknoloji.plugins.confluence.confluence-label-manager
and for those running Confluence Cloud, the Bulk Action Tools plugin allows you to do this (and much more):
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/bulk-action-tools
Thank you @Stephen Deutsch. I'm giving this a try. You mention to embed it into a page, but can I apply it to all pages in a space?
I've never created a user macro before. So far it seems pretty straight forward. However, in this field, which option should I choose? image2015-6-10 10:0:38.png
No macro body is the proper selection. The tool should be embedded in a page (just as a standard confluence macro) through which the tool will be accessed, but it will be able to have effect on every single page in your Confluence instance (to which the user can access).
Thanks for sharing those macros Stephen.FYI - the macro still works fine on Confluence 5.6.6
Ok, so this is really old, but I'm looking for a label solution. Does this work in Confluence 7.2.x+?
I would assume so - on v6.3.x it's still okay.Why not try it out & let us know?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.