I am opening up a ticket directly into closed. The ticket is specifically designed to collect estimates and nothing more. When putting the time tracking field on the screen I don't get prompted for original estimate because the ticket is technically 'closed'
Hi Tor,
You need to:
One other thing you can do also is to add a transition (button) to your CLosed step in the workflow and call it "update original" estimate, create a screen to log work and enable that screen to that transition (button) at CLosed step which would let you update info using a button.
Hope that helps,
Mehmet
Upon closer investigation it may have something to do with the fact that these are subtasks
Top screenshot: Here is what the open screen looks like on a subtask (notice no 'original estimate')
Bottom screenshot: and here is what the time tracking field looks like when I create a parent ticket
Is there a way to have 'original estimate' show on a subtask?
This is used for creating impacts for a change. We need to have estimates to aid in the decision to push the change forward
Here is what the open screen looks like on a subtask (notice no 'original estimate')
Tor,
Use a different browser if you are using Chrome. I do not see your screenshots, but it happened to me before as well with Chrome.
Also, I would check the following:
and here is what the time tracking field looks like when I create a parent ticket
You will have to use atleast one transition in workflow to fill these fields in a screen.
else you can create a ticket in close. Modify worflow property to allow you log work on issues even if issue is closed and then add log work to the ticket using more option in a ticket.
Please let me know if any further clarification is required.
thanks and Regards,
Sumit
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.