Hello,
I am attempting to run an evaluation version of Stash 3.5.1 on a Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS VM. I have followed the installation instructions as per https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH0212/Installing+Stash+on+Linux+and+Mac, after amending the <stash_install_dir>/bin/setenv.sh file to point to the stash_home dir that I have created and then running $ sudo bin/start-stash.sh I get the encouraging output:
Tomcat started.Success! You can now use Stash at the following address:http://localhost:7990/
However, nothing seems to be listening on port 7990 and I cannot access Stash. Running $ netstat -a also confirms that nothing is listening on that port. What have I missed?
Thanks.
Hi Phillip, Try checking the Stash logs to see if anything interesting comes up after the start. These logs should be in
<Stash installation directory>\logs
by default.
Thanks for the tip David. I have looked in the \logs directory and the only line of interest that I can see is in catalina.out:
12-Jan-2015 12:57:59.193 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.validateFile Problem with directory [/home/ubuntu/stash_home/lib], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]
/home/ubuntu/stash_home is a directory I created when I extracted the tar.gz. I extracted atlassian-stash-3.5.1 into /home/ubuntu/stash_install from wherein I ran start-stash.sh after updating the setenv.sh pointing the stash_home variable to /home/ubuntu/stash_home
There is nothing yet in that home directory. Is that what was expected?
Just to close this off:
I deleted the files I had extracted from the tarball distribution of Stash and took the latest linux installer atlassian-stash-3.6.0-x64.bin and started again.
I also uninstalled the OpenJDK that I was using (path of least resistance) and replaced it with the Oracle JDK 7.71.
Stash is running just fine now following use of the installer rather than the version I unpacked and attempted to configure myself.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.