Hi,
I am trying to setup Bamboo to use an EBS volume and I am getting a little confused.
I start an elastic instance via the Manage elastic instances in the Bamboo administration. I then SSH into the server and make some changes. I can then run a plan and get a successful build from Bamboo. Yay!
I then swap over to the AWS console in the web browser and create an image of the instance. This creates me an AMI and 2 snapshots of the volumes. However, and this is the bit where I get stuck, when I update my image configuration to use the new AMI and snapshot any changes in the /home/bamboo folder have been lost when I start up a new instance. I tried both snapshots and no luck. Shouldn't the snapshot include everything on the volume?
Can someone explain to me what I am doing wrong here please? I thought that a snapshot would include what was on the volume. I am no Ubuntu admin so I think I am missing something about the way the folders relate to the volumes somehow?
Thanks
Eban