I'm new to administering JIRA but I've come across a frustrating point: every new JIRA project seems to create a new Workflow and Workflow Scheme (at least) with the project name. Since I want to set these new projects to use an existing common Workflow (Scheme), it's annoying to have to go through this process with each new project:
- Change the project's workflow and scheme to point to the common one
- Switch to the list of workflow schemes
- Click "inactive" to show the now inactive scheme
- Delete the workflow scheme
- Switch to the list of workflows
- Click "inactive" to show the now inactive workflow
- Delete the workflow
I'm probably missing a few steps because I don't remember the specifics, but it's a needlessly complex process.
Is it possible to create a new project without all the extra stuff getting created that I will end up deleting anyway?
Thanks in advance.