I need to deny creation issues of a defined subtype, mantaining previous closed issues live.
How could I do it ?
Thanks
Put a validator that prevents creation. To stop people entering the form fields do a big velocity-processed custom field for edit that says "stop, you won't be able to save".
Or write some javascript that removes the type from the create subtask screen.
I would modify the Issue schema the project is based on. Delete that particular issue type from that schema. If you have many projects sharing the same issue schema, copy it to a new one and apply it to that specific project instead.
Mmm, that won't solve the problem - the old closed issues will have to change type when their current type is dropped from the scheme.
could you give a example for the javascript and where to paste it?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.