Background:
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/136004/update-ldap-info-for-imported-users-who-haven-t-logged-in-yet
Along with imported users, I need to consider new users being allowed to access our Jira server. A user will need to request setup in our LDAP server. Once in LDAP(which can take several weeks to setup -- big company), the user can log in at any time for the first time and they will be assigned the "jira-users" group. This server has numerous groups defined depending on your job role: hardware designer, software developer, manager, tester, project-mgr, etc. I cannot assign these groups to the user until they have logged in for the first time. This makes for a very reactive rather than proactive setup process.
Some of you might want to suggest setting up the group definitions in LDAP but being in a large company, the wheels that update the LDAP information move too slowly.
In the background link above, it discusses converting a Jira backup XML file and then importing it. I'm wondering if I can generate just enough xml syntax to define a new userid from this LDAP server?
Any experience?