While it violates the security model of JIRA we have a number of clients that what to send email updates automatically from JIRA to non-jira users. The general use case is some type of internal support system that an external client has some interest in but they do not need the details, just that something is being done. In most cases the email that should be sent is not the stock JIRA notification but some static content.
As I understand it the notification scheme allows one to send emails to an email address, however, if the project doesn't allow anonymous browsing then the notification isn't sent because it is blocked due to permissions.
I'd like to be able to add a list of email addresses in some custom field and have those users notified on issue actions. Any thoughts?
----
Clarification:
0. By non-jira users I mean email addresses that have no association to JIRA rather than JIRA users that can't log in.
1. I was hoping to capture incoming email addresses via JEMH so that's great. Can you point me at docs? Its been tough wrapping my head around the whole thing. Does JEMH have the ability to send email as well? Ideally I want to send emails based off the address(es) in a custom field to a non-jira user. I thought it just processed incoming mail.