My company has Confluence 4.1 installed. I am observing that in Firefox 15 pressing the windows key on my keyboard has the same effect as pressing the [ when viewing pages in spaces with the documentation layout, which is to"Toggle the left-hand navigation bar" according to the following confluence documentation page:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF41/Keyboard+Shortcuts
I did not find any known bugs after a few searches with keywords from this page: https://www.atlassian.com/en/search?query=
I'm happy to provide more information. This isn't quite that big of a deal but it is annoying. I figured I'd ask here before writing a new bug report.
That's a bug for that:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-22440
Please vote in it
The Windows key being pressed resolves to a keyCode/which value of 91. (http://www.javascripter.net/faq/keycodes.htm). The code in G.handler tries to resolve all keyCodes using String.fromCharCode(). String.fromCharCode(91) then gives us '[', which is why it's triggering the '[' shortcut.
Most of the other special keys are lucky enough to not resolve to a clashing symbol using String.fromCharCode(), but I'm personally not a proponent of Luck-Based Programming.
Also, some more thoughts on String.fromCharCode: http://stackoverflow.com/a/5829387
This happens to me on Google Chrome too. It's definitely a bug. very annoying. Please file a bug report. Happy to vote.
Thanks Harry for the confirmation. I've gone ahead and created the issue here: https://support.atlassian.com/browse/CSP-88445
Right, sorry, cleaning this up and accepting the correct answer. Hopefully people will see this answer so there aren't any future duplicates. Thanks again.
Hello friends, When I needed RGB to hex converter in photo editing, I found a https://codebeautify.org/rgb-to-hex-converter tool that I got used to. It has been so useful to me, I hope you will be used too.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.