Hi Community,
We have the following Jira Cloud hierarchy:
Epic
└── Story / Task
├── BE Sub-task
├── FE Sub-task
└── QA Sub-task
Our users log time mainly on the Story/Task subtasks.
On the Story/Task level, Σ Time Spent correctly includes the time logged on its subtasks. However, at the Epic level, the Time Tracking field does not recursively roll up all time from the Stories/Tasks and their subtasks.
For example.
Epic
└── Story A
├── BE Sub-task → 10h
├── FE Sub-task → 5h
└── QA Sub-task → 3h
Expected Epic total → 18h
I know we can implement a workaround using Jira Automation, JMWE, or a custom field to calculate the total.
However, before implementing a custom solution, I'd like to confirm:
- Is there any native Jira Cloud configuration that can recursively roll up Time Spent from Epic → Story/Task → Sub-task?
- Is there another recommended solution that doesn't require Automation/custom fields?
- I found https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-93508. Is this still the relevant Atlassian ticket to follow for this requirement, or is there a newer feature request/bug tracking it?
Would be interested to know how other organizations handle this.
Regards,
Gor