Is it possible to allow project administrators to edit project workflow - or does it require global jira administrator permissions ? Currently we only see the "Edit" button on project workflow pages when logged in as a global administrator whereas we would like to project administrators themselves to be able to make changes to this. Thanks.
Correct, you have to be a system or Jira administrator to edit a workflow. You can't delegate it further down. Yet. Atlassian are looking at delegation of admin functions, although there is one honking great issue with letting project admins change a workflow - they're shared, so an edit for project X could break project Y...
There is an option though. Jira Agile allows you to convert projects to use "simplified workflow". This creates a single-project-only workflow based on the project columns. So the project admins CAN edit the workflow, but it's done by letting them define columns and it precludes doing clever things with post-functions etc.
p.s. I assume your confluence tags are wrong?
Hey,
are you talking about JIRA or Confluence, I guess JIRA... In JIRA you have te be an administrator to edit workflows...
Cheers Christian
Thanks for the responses - this clarifies the situation.
And yes - it should have been JIRA I was referring to.
This is a much needed feature. I hope it comes out in an update
@Nic Brough, Any update on the status of this? It would be really helpful.
See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-3156
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.