I've been reading old threads on app usage visibility in Jira Cloud — ECO-470
is four years old now — and the workarounds people describe mostly come down
to the scream test: cancel it, wait, see who shouts.
For those of you who deal with renewals: when you're looking at an app you
suspect nobody uses, what would you actually need to see before you cancelled
it with confidence?
Specifically curious about:
- Would you trust "nobody has opened it in 90 days" more, or "nothing in our
configuration references it"? Or neither on its own? - When an app has left custom fields, post-functions or dashboard gadgets
behind, how do you find all of that today? - Has a scream test ever gone badly for you?
- Do you get a real say at renewal, or does the invoice just get paid?
To be upfront: I'm a developer, not a vendor. I have nothing built and nothing
to sell — I'm trying to work out whether this is a genuine day-to-day problem
or just an annoyance people have learned to live with. Happy to share back
what I learn.