No, you don't. A scrum master does not need to enter invalid information by impersonating users.
As an admin, it can be useful for debugging, and there are "su" type add-ons that allow you to do it (although the option is a poor substitute for understanding a system better), and Cloud lets you do it too. But they are limited to admins.
ok, so in the instance where I am having my daily stand-up meeting with my team, and I ask whether they have logged their time on the issue ticket created, and they have not - I want to be able to assist by doing it for them while we are all present so that they can move on to the next issue?
That's not something you do in a standip
Script Runner has built in script "switch user"
https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/builtin-scripts.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.