I've successfully added a custom field from Admin page. How can I check that it's not empty when creating issue?
Sorry, probably misunderstood there.
You can make fields required, by editing the field configuration. (Admin | Issue Fields | Field Configuration)
If you haven't created one, then this will be the default field configuration. This will list the fields available (both built in and custom) and there is a Required link you can click to make that field required on creation.
You can use the 'fields required' validator in your workflow
See http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+validators+to+make+custom+fields+required+on+transition+screens
Yep, I saw that plugin, but I can't figure out how to use it. Can you, please, help?
I can't understand which transition stands for new issue - in which should I add this validation?
Wow, just what I wanted! Can't google anser for it. Thank you very much!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.