Hi,
I've got a saved filter that uses a custom field in its criteria, but when I click on my filter I see a red exclamation mark by my custom field and if I hover over the exclamation mark it says, "this criteria contains invalid values".
The custom field is used in seven projects. My users can browse each others projects, but only create issues in their own, except when creating a subtask. I created a different context for my custom field so that when a user creates an issue it defaults to 'a' for one project and 'b' for the next etc... This works great.
But when I save filters using this field I see the message above. And if I click on the criteria there is a long list of repeated exclamation marks by 'a', 'b', 'c' etc... which makes editing the filter very unfriendly.
Can anyone suggest any help? I thought I was applying this context default feature as it was intended (although I have deliberately had to leave one context as Global otherwise users can't filter with that criteria at all), it seems setting these contexts means technically I shouldn't be able to search across my projects with this field.
I guess the question is, is there a better way to set the default value in each project? And avoid this filter problem.
Thanks.
Jan