I can see three categories automatically assigned under Default Notification Scheme. These three categories are as follows:
- Current Assignee
- Reporter
- All Watchers
This default notification scheme is what Project automatically is set to, and user groups are the standard jira-administrator, jira-developer, and jira-user.
I am testing the smtp sever settings on this new instance of JIRA and I am not sure if this new instance of JIRA is functioning the same as the current instance of JIRA we are running.
I would like to know if I am understanding how notifications work within the default scheme. As far as I can tell, the Current Assignee and Reporter are fields which only accept one user, and All Watchers is a field that will accept multiple users that are assigned.
I am trying to understand how email notifications are sent to multiple users when new issues are created within a project.
If my assumptions are correct, the only way to send out notifications to more than two members ( the Assignee & the Reporter ), I would be required to add users to the Watchers on the issue.
This question is specifically regarding the Default Notification Scheme, it is not regarding creating a new group to send emails to multiple users.