Hello,
This morning I logged in my Bitbucket account but as I navigated to the email settings (for the account
https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/email%29
, it somehow removed the email, logged me out, and next time I logged in it created a new account with the same email.
It may or may not be related but I actually already have 2 atlassian accounts:
- One I've had with bitbucket (email A+bitbucket@gmail.com)
- One which was created with the Trello migration to Atlassian (email B)
I navigated to the email setup because I wanted to find a way to merge the 2 accounts (that seems impossible to do automatically).
This is the event log as I recall it:
- logging in with A+bitbucket@gmail.com: asked me to create a new workspace (no idea why) — the previous workspace was still there though with all my git repos
- looking around to check email, seeing I couldn't add one in
https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/email
- (maybe disconnected automatically, maybe I did voluntarily disconnect and connect to account with email B, didn't change anything there)
- reconnecting with A+alias@gmail.com, this time forced to "sign-up"
- trying email recovery, "We've received a request to set a new password for this Atlassian account: A+bitbucket@gmail.com."
- trying to change the email to B: I got "We’ve noticed you’ve recently changed the email for your Atlassian account. To confirm the change, please check B to verify this address and complete updating your account." and then "Your email change request could not be processed because B is already associated with another Atlassian account."
- trying to log again into A+alias@gmail.com, forced to sign-up, no access to any bitbucket repo
So I experimented fixing it talking with the atlassian support chat:
- moved the new account linked to A+bitbucket@gmail.com to release the email (moved to A+todelete@gmail.com)
- tried to login with A@gmail.com — can only use Google sign-up, this created a new account
- moved the account linked to B to another email C to release email B
- tried to recover old account through both of the released email: no recovery email received, can only sign-up
The old workspace name with all my git repositories in bibucket is lucy24.
All this because I received an email that my Loom account would be migrated to Atlassian as well and I didn't want yet another account.
Thanks for your help.