I’m interested in how teams organize Jira when they manage several types of projects at the same time.
For example, a company such as Silver Edge Packaging may have work across product development, website updates, marketing, design, content, and customer related requests. These activities can involve different teams but still depend on each other.
I’m curious how experienced Jira users handle this kind of structure.
Do you normally:
- Keep each department in a separate Jira project?
- Use components or labels to separate different work types?
- Connect related issues across projects?
- Use epics for larger product or marketing initiatives?
- Create a centralized project for cross-team requests?
I’d especially like to hear how teams avoid duplicated issues while still giving each department enough visibility into the work that affects them.
What Jira structure has worked well for organizations with several teams and different types of ongoing work?