Hi
I'm tying to upload files to the Downloads section and have noticed some inconsistent behavior. Smaller files upload successfully, but when I attempt to upload larger files (still under 1 GB), the operation consistently fails with either a 401 Unauthorized error or a 400 Temporary Failure error.
I have a few questions and would appreciate any insights:
- Under what conditions does the service return a 401 Unauthorized error?
Since I can successfully upload smaller files using the same account and workflow, it doesn't appear to be a permissions issue. Could this be a misleading error that is actually triggered by another condition, such as file size, timeout, or storage limits? - What is the maximum allowed size for a single file in the Downloads category? I've found conflicting information in various sources. Some documentation mentions a 1 GB per-file limit, while others reference 2 GB. Is there a documented per file and overall storage limit at the Downloads?
- I currently have no uploaded files in the Downloads section, and repository reports a size of approximately 2.6 GB.
I see a notice in the Downloads section (see picture below) that reads if repository size exceeds 2GB it becomes read-only, but how is it allowing to upload of small files?
Based on my understanding Downloads size is not counted in source repository size but correct me if this is not correct understanding. - Manual upload of large files is also failing silently with no error though I ignored it because it suggested using api for large uploads.
- Url used to upload is: https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/<enterpriseError rpo>/downloads
-
Any clarification or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Atul