I have two projects / spaces, one a Service desk type (called ISSD), one a Software project (called SAT). I have the same issue type [System] Service request existing on both projects.
Since we're not allowed to work in ISSD ourselves, we want to clone the issues there into our working space SAT, and process it there. Once completed in out working space we would like to close it to DONE.
What I'm now trying to accomplish is to automate a transition of the original ticket in the original space, also set that to DONE.
We have already fixed the cloning (in an automation in ISSD space, that works), and in the SAT item that was created we have saved a reference to original ticket in a 'Action item from' Linked work item field.
So I believe I have the information available, it's just a matter of creating automations
My automation now looks like this:
Questions:
* When issue (ex. SAT-1234) of the right issuetype is transitioned to DONE, what action to use to transition the linked issue (ex. ISSD-2071) in the space ISSD to DONE too?
(common 'Transition work item' action does not look to be able to specify another space as context).
* How to access Linked Work item data (=reference to original work item) in an issue in automations?
* Now I'm attempting to create this new flow in SAT space.
Do I need to move it to a global automation space?