After a recent confluence update, I'm not able to see some table editor options.
Can you please help?
Hi Bharath, welcome to the Atlassian Community!
It sounds like you may have been moved to the new Confluence editor experience, where some controls have changed location rather than being removed.
For example, Atlassian now expects you to insert elements such as tables using either:
/table
or the + button that appears when you hover near a content block. The same applies to macros such as:
/expand
The Expand macro is still supported, and Atlassian’s current documentation confirms it can be inserted from the toolbar or with the / command.
So I’d first try:
type /tabletype /expanduse the + button beside a content blockopen View more to see the full element/macro browser
If none of those appear, then I’d suspect either a browser/UI issue or a problem with the editor rollout rather than a normal product change.
I’d also test in an incognito window and another browser before raising it with Atlassian Support.
Hello @J S S S Bharath
Is this a data center or the cloud?
Because your upgrade wording points me to a data center, making the previous answer from @Jovânio Junior useless.
If that's a data center, from which version to which version?
Best,
Arek 🤠
Hi @J S S S Bharath ,
TinyMCE license expired today (06-Sep-2026) which is bundled with the Confluence software by Atlassian. TinyMCE is used in editors. Atlassian is working on the fix. Watch and vote for below ticket.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-104454
Hello Jovânio Junior,
Appreciate the reply
Hello Arkadiusz Wroblewski,
I sincerely apologise, I am unable to answer these questions as I'm not from software background.
However, the confluence site showed that there is a scheduled upgrade this weekend, and after that I'm unable to do the following
Hello Rilwan Ahmed,
I have voted and started watching, The version I'm using is 10.2.14.
The information present in the jira is very relevant to the issue i'm facing.
Cheers
Bharath
Hi Bharath,
Thanks for checking those points.
Since /expand is available but Table is missing from View more, and you also can’t edit existing tables, this no longer looks like a normal editor navigation change.
At this point I’d treat it as a likely editor/UI issue or rollout regression.
I’d suggest raising it with Atlassian Support and including:
a screenshot of the missing Table option;confirmation that it happens in incognito and multiple browsers;confirmation that existing tables are also not editable;the affected Confluence site/page URL;when you first noticed the behavior.
That combination should help Support identify whether your site is affected by a recent editor rollout or bug.
Hope this helps!
So I encourage you to contact your admin if you are not one of them, because of its data center, he should know not everything is working fine.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.