Hello everyone.
Im looking to transition into an analyst role,and I have noticed most of the roles require Jira but im unsure which cert to opursue as theres a number. Would really appreciate your input.
Thank you
Hi @Pamela Shoko
What role does this adhere to, the analyst role.
What is you exact goal?
Jira certifications are related towards to the products, not to specific roles.
I'm looking mainly into business intelligence analyst or data analyst roles. I'm currently getting my Microcerts, but I want a head start before actually applying. Its also more of a backup plan just in case i dont get that role as im currently studying BBA
Hi Atlassian makes application, certifications are based on application management roles.
The tools could be used in organizations where analysts might be working with the toolset, but then they work based on the process from the org and how they are translated in an Atlassian tool.
Hello and welcome to Atlassian Community @Pamela Shoko
It could sound provocative to you, but sign up for whatever will serve your professional development needs. It all depends on your role and what you are looking for.
Best,
Arek 🤠
Hi @Pamela Shoko ,First of all, welcome to the Atlassian Community!Since you are mainly targeting Business Intelligence Analyst/Data Analyst roles, I wouldn't feel that you need to pursue an advanced Jira certification just because Jira appears in the job descriptions.As Marc mentioned, the certifications are product-focused rather than specifically tied to an "analyst" role.If you want a Jira credential to demonstrate that you understand the platform, I would start with Jira Essentials. It's aimed at current and future Jira users and covers the fundamentals such as work items, spaces, boards, and working with Scrum/Kanban teams.You can find it at the below URL:https://learning.atlassian.com/learning/certifications/jira-software-essentials-certificationAtlassian also has a free learning catalog with Jira courses and certification preparation material - https://community.atlassian.com/learning/catalogIf you don't already have much hands on experience with Jira, I would recommend getting familiar with the basics alongside the certification. Atlassian also offers a Free Jira plan for up to 10 users, which you can use to create a small practice project and explore the platform.Once you have a good foundation with Jira, you can then look at the other Jira certifications and see which one aligns best with the type of roles you are targeting.Hope this helps!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.