Trello Automation editor infinitely loads
Problem
I am unable to create or edit any Trello Automation. The Automation editor loads indefinitely and never opens.
The problem affects:
Rules
Due Date automations
Scheduled automations
Buttons
Reproduction
Open any Trello board.
Open Automation.
Select Rules or try to create a new automation.
The page remains on an infinite loading spinner.
The same problem occurs on a completely different board and with a different Trello account.
What I have tested
The issue persists with:
Google Chrome, latest version (152.0.7977.65)
Chrome Incognito
other browsers
a different Trello account
a different Trello board
a completely different Internet connection via mobile hotspot
Windows 10 22H2
cookies enabled for Trello/Atlassian
hard refresh with Ctrl+F5
The issue therefore does not appear to be related to a specific browser, Trello account, board, or Internet connection.
Technical information
Chrome DevTools Console shows:
Error, timeout while initializing index iframe for <a href="https://app.butlerfortrello.com/.../powerup-loader.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">https://app.butlerfortrello.com/.../powerup-loader.html</a>. Timeout=30000ms
There are also errors such as:
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
In the Network tab, some Butler requests return HTTP 200, including:
However, the Automation editor still remains on the loading screen.
I also tested connectivity from Windows Command Prompt:
ping app.butlerfortrello.com
Result: 4 packets sent, 4 received, 0% packet loss.
curl -I <a href="https://app.butlerfortrello.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">https://app.butlerfortrello.com</a>
Result: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden from Amazon CloudFront/S3, meaning the server is reachable.
The Trello CDN test page also loads successfully.
Expected result
The Automation editor should open normally so that I can create or edit automations.
Actual result
The Automation editor never finishes loading.
Automation worked normally for me previously.
Could you please check whether there is currently an issue with the Trello Automation/Butler service or with the powerup-loader.html iframe initialization?
I would appreciate confirmation whether this is a known bug and whether there is a workaround or fix.