The "Cloud Migration & Agile Process" Angle
I recently led a full migration from Jira Data Center to Jira Cloud for my organization, and now that the dust has settled, I’m reflecting on how the move impacted our actual Agile workflows.
As a QA Engineer and Jira/Confluence Admin, I noticed some interesting shifts:
- Workflow Friction: Are we losing any specific nuances in our workflows that were easier to customize in DC?
- Speed vs. Control: The Cloud feels faster for setup, but are we hitting more friction with complex permission schemes or automation rules compared to our DC setup?
- QA Integration: How are other teams handling test case management and CI/CD integrations now that we’ve moved to the Cloud?
I’m curious: Did your team experience a "process dip" after migrating to Cloud, or did you find the new features (like advanced roadmaps or better automation) streamlined your Agile practices?
Looking forward to hearing your war stories and lessons learned!