Posting bug here since Atlassian won't accept bug reports on free accounts.
I recently started seeing unintended behavior from Trello Desktop on macOS.
I've been using the global shortcut to hide and show the Trello Desktop window for months. Once the window showed, I used to be able to navigate an open board with my keyboard (arrow keys to select cards, N for new card, etc.).
A few days ago, that behavior changed. Now, when I use the Trello global shortcut to display the Trello Desktop window, the window is displayed, focus changes to the window, as evidenced by the menu bar changing to Trello's; however, pressing any keyboard key results in MacOS's alert sound and no input being recognized. I now have to click on the Trello window with my mouse for keyboard input to be recognized. Using Cmd + Tab to switch focus to a different app and then back again to Trello has no effect.
This new behavior is disruptive for keyboard-focused workflows and kind of defeats the purpose of the global shortcut in the first place.
I started experiencing this on Trello Desktop 2.16.5 with MacOS Tahoe 26.5.1. Now I am using Trello Desktop 2.16.7 with MacOS Tahoe 26.6.2 and the issue persists.
I've taken steps to verify no other app or daemon is intercepting my keystrokes. Actually any other app I switch focus to via keyboard acts as intended. This is an issue specific to Trello desktop.
Repro:
Open Trello Desktop 2.16.7 on macOS Tahoe 26.6.2 (or Trello Desktop 2.16.5 on macOS Tahoe 26.5.1)
Log in to Trello account
- Open any board
Click global shortcut Cmd + Opt + T
Verify Trello Desktop window disappears from view
- Click global shortcut Cmd + Opt + T again
Verify Trello Desktop window is displayed and menu bar changes to Trello's
- Press any keyboard key
Expected:
Trello Desktop reacts to key press (e.g. arrow keys move across cards on the board, N key creates new card, etc.)
Actual:
- macOS emits alert sound.
- Trello Desktop does not react to keyboard input
- Mouse click on Trello Desktop is required for Trello to recognize keyboard input