If I want to propose a change to a Confluence page, what is a good way to collaborate on the proposed change?
There are several things that I see people doing on our company's wiki site now, including:
- (most common) pasting the Confluence page into a Word document, enabling track changes, and marking it up, then emailing it to others to add more feedback, and finally merging it back into the page
- Adding {note} throughout the page with the person's name and the proposed change
- Copying the page to another page with a similar name, e.g PageFoo to PageFoo-Dev, perhaps also employing something like {note} (above) to propose changes
Is there any better way to do this?
For source code, we propose changes by using Gerrit. This allows a proposed change to be reviewed before it goes in easily, but I don't think Confluence has anything like this (it would be pretty snazzy if Confluence was backed by git and the repository could be checked out).
Any thoughts on better methods to do this?