Hi,
I know I can removed the delete issue permission for the project, but instead there is a requirement to prevent deletion of an specific issueType after a certain status of workflow (after it has been approved) thus is there a way to prevent it?
Use workflow properties to remove the delete permission on status - https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/workflow-properties-802592825.html
Hi Nic,
In the workflow permission I only see the editable issue permission - jira.issue.editable , I guess that should do the trick. But I dn't want the issue to be "non-editable" just non-deletable.
It's the line below - jira.permission.* - that can be used to remove the delete permission while the issue is in that status.
Strongly advise not allowing delete at any status. It will come back to bite you. The forum is full of folks asking how to get issues back.
ohk, got it. thanks. In the docs they have only mentioned the types against jira.permission.* i..e users/groups/roles thus got missed. But this blog link helped. http://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials/permissions-based-on-workflow-status
Devs create al sorts of sub-tasks which sometimes make no-sense and thus there is a need to sometimes delete some issues.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.