Hi
I have Confluence 5.1 installed with root access on Ubuntu 12.04. Reading the documentation it states that an additional user will be created called 'confluence' when installing. I'd like to know what the password is for this user.
Reason: I'm trying to confirm that my backups are being successfully written to the standard location: /var/atlassian/applilcation-data/confluence/backups. When browsing this location, i don't have access- as i don't know the confluence user password.
When i sudo in as root- there are 0 files in the backups location. I can confirm through the confluence admin console that the standatrd location is being written to.
Problem: Think i've now made the problem more complex for myself: In trying to view the contents of this backups directory, i searched around online for what the password of this user could be. I couldn't find anything so changed it in the Ubuntu user management console. Now in trying to run a backup manually- i get a permission denied problem as the password has changed. I have subsequently changed the confluence user password back to 'not being required' in the Ubuntu user management confluence (Is this correct?)... but am a little nervious to restart confluence in case it won't start up again.
Question:
1. Where are my backups being written to and why can't i see them in /var/atlassian/applilcation-data/confluence/backups- even when i sudo in as root?
2. Having clearly erroneously changed the confluence user password- what should i be changing this back to- to ensure i don't have any permission problems when i restart confluence?
Any help would be appreciated
Giles