When I open the Loom app, it appears as normal, but after I hit "Record", it closes abruptly after a few seconds.
Hi @Nicolay A M Worren!
Are you using the Chrome app, Desktop app, or iOS?
Chrome, using Desktop app
I need to use the Desktop app because when using the the Chrome extension, the video bubble moves behind the PPT slide that I am presenting
Have you tried any of the following?
Restart your device This will clear any bad states
Check for updates Open the Loom app. Click the ... app menu in the top right. Select Updates
Manually reinstall your Loom App Delete or uninstall your current Loom app following the steps here. Restart your device. Download the most recent app version here. Ensure you're opening the most up-to-date version.
Check your upload speed here. You'll need at least 5mbps upload speed to record successfully with Loom
Window Devices only - Enable your Fallback recorder here. This will help to provide a more stable recording experience.
I continue to have issues with the Loom Desktop app and I've now reinstalled it twice in just the last 30 days. After each remove/reinstall - it will work ok for a bit and then start closing abruptly/disappearing right after opening. It doesn't feel like reinstalls are working. It feels like the desktop app (I'm Windows) has a real issue. Prior to the Atlassian acquisition - I never really had any issues with the desktop app. For the last year, it's be constant.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.