Hey all - I help run some of the public classes over on Atlassian Learning (check them out! TONS of free stuff
) and I'm starting to share the Q&A I get from them here.
This set of questions came from the July 14th session on DC vs. Cloud. Most were answered live, but I'm including them all here in case others find the info useful. They range from "very simple" to rather complex!
Curious what questions YOU have on the differences - comment below!
~Rob
Question 1 - Work item was "issues" in DC, right?
Question 2 - DC used to have the option to create an issue under an epic directly from the Epic, with the possibility to select the project. How to do that now?
-
Answer - In Jira Cloud, inline child creation directly under an Epic defaults to the Epic’s own project. To create a child ticket belonging to a different project, use the main "+ Create" button at the top navigation bar, set the target project and issue type, and link it to the Epic in the Parent / Epic Link field.
Question 3 - Where in the new plan do you set the filter to pull in tickets into the plan?
-
Answer - Navigate to your plan, click the "..." (More) menu next to the plan title, select "Configure", and choose "Issue Sources". From there, you can add or edit issue sources using saved JQL filters, boards, or projects.
Question 4 - For Company Managed Spaces, can we have universal automations set that act on the condition?
Question 5 - Is a Jira license needed to view embedded content in Confluence?
Question 6 - I added Confluence as a custom field because I don’t have it natively on my work items. Where is this configuration?
Question 7 - Do you have access to Confluence App or Space level access to view Confluence content in Jira?