Hello, from the Trello team! Today we’re excited to announce six new AI features on our Standard, Premium, and Enterprise plans. Here’s what’s new:
Create a board with AI: Leave the blank board behind. Describe a goal, whether it’s planning an offsite, running your first 5K race, or figuring out your meal planning for the week, and Trello builds a structured, ready-to-use board in seconds, complete with lists and cards.
Merge cards: A frequently asked-for feature is finally here! Have two cards saying the same thing? Drag one onto the other and they become one. Trello blends the title, description, and details, and carries over all the original context.
Add an AI-generated checklist: Now you have the option to create checklists with AI. Trello reads the title and description of your card and suggests a checklist of steps to get it done. It’s fully editable, exactly like one you’d type yourself, only you didn’t have to type it.
Find focus time on your calendar: A task on a board isn’t done until it has a place in your day. Connect a calendar, open any card, and Trello finds open time and recommends a focus block for it. Accept, dismiss, or set natural-language rules for when and what it suggests.
Generate AI images for board backgrounds and card covers: Stop scrolling for the perfect image. Describe it and Trello makes it. Change a board background or add a card cover in seconds.
Set a due date from the card title: Type “Submit report by Friday” and Friday becomes the due date. Trello reads relative dates (“tomorrow”), specific ones (“December 1”), and weekday references (“this Thursday”) the moment you create a card.
Keep the boards, lists, and cards you love. Outsource the rest to AI. Try them out today or, if you’re not on a paid plan, you can start a 14-day Premium free trial to try them out.
PS: To see these features in action, check out today’s post on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/p/DbbEjEhF-DH/
All y’all, this is a great feature!
I just connected ChatGPT to Trello and asked it to update a card’s description and add a checklist. I was impressed that it found the right card on my busy board, and everything worked like a charm.
I usually use the “Comments and activity” section to document updates to my cards. I’d love for my favourite AI to do that on my behalf as well. Do you foresee that capability being added anytime soon?
Cheers,NL
Hi - Is the merge cards feature still rolling out? Currently not working on browser or app (Mac). Cheers
Hi Normand Lemieux, glad you are enjoying using our MCP!
And yes! Comments and activities are on top of our list to get it out soon. So stay tuned!
'Set a due date from the card title' is a net negative. It inserts dates when I don't want them and the times I do it gets them wrong. Please roll this feature back. It creates more work when I have to delete it every time. I am not the only one, others have the same headache I do.
See more here: https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Trello-questions/How-do-I-disable-Trello-s-Add-due-dates-as-you-write-feature/qaq-p/3262077#M132667
Hi @Jane Harris !Merge cards is currently available to all paid users, so it should be working for you on browser and the app. You can use it in two ways. The first, is by dragging 1 card over another and waiting a second or two. The second is by bulk selecting cards (hold shift and click cards) and then clicking merge from the more menu. Let me know if either of these are not working for you!
Hi @Richard A Abel III !Thank you for the feedback! We are working on making some improvements that should be rolling out soon. These will include:
Also note, you can turn off this feature all together if you would like by turning off "Suggestions" in your profile settings.
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Trello-articles/Let-AI-handle-your-board-busywork-Introducing-new-AI-features-in/bc-p/3274077#M4162Hi @Alexandros Mathopoulos thanks for replying. Neither option is working on the standard plan that I'm on, as far as I can tell. Below are examples of both options on my board. Perhaps I'm missing a step?
olá, tudo bem? Uso o trello premium, mas a funcionalidade que adiciona datas automaticamente a partir do título do cartão não está funcionando. ela está liberada para todos ou ainda é limitada?
Hey there is AI-generated checklists and natural-language due dates that look especially practical. Small features like these can remove a lot of repetitive task management without changing the way teams already use their boards.
@Jane Harris hmmm, can you check your workspace settings and ensure that "AI" is turned on for the workspace and that the board is in your workspace with a Standard plan?
Ah, yep, AI not on in the workspace, only the board. Thanks for following up!
This merge cards feature is pretty horrendous. With a slip of the finger I accidentally merged 2 cards and missed the undo prompt, something I would never ever want to do.
Apparently to turn this off requires me to turn off all the AI features. I wish that you wouldn't turn this stuff on by default.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.