Hi,
is there a possibility to create a default value per issuetype that applies to all projects?I have more than 100 projects that I would like to apply a default value for the description field.This value might change over time and I dont want to change maintain it for 100+ projects.
RegardsMichael
Atlassian isn't implementing it any time soon -
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-4812
their qiuck fix - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Setting+a+Default+Value+in+the+Description+Field
my quick fix - either use bulk update or use script runner https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunnerand write a small script to update the description across all the issues.
Hi Tarun,thanks for your reply.Maybe I should have mentioned that I dont look for a solution in JIRA, I am using the plugin "Default Values for Create Issue screen" (addon-com.gebsun.plugins.jira.defaultvalues) and I'm looking for the possibility to create default values in the plugin for all my projects instead of per project.
Hello Michael, It is not possible at the moment but this feature should appear quite soon. Next week we are going to release "currentdate" makro and start working on the improvements you requested. Please watch the add-on to get notification about updates. Kind regards, Gebsun
Hi Gebsun,
This feature, "default value per issue type for all projects", would be valuable to us as well.
Please let us know how to be informed about this particular update.
Regards, Gilles
We are going to discuss technical details this week and then start the implementation.
Please go to the add-on page and click "Watch add-on" link to be notified about all updates.
Cheers,Gebsun
Hello guys,
We have just released new version of the Default Values add-on. It finally allows to define default values templates and share them among projects and issue types.
Please try the new version and let us know your feedback directly on the add-on page: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.gebsun.plugins.jira.defaultvalues
Best,Gebsun
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.