This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring the Base URL
Changing my Base URL from http://[IPAddress]:8080 to http://[DNSName]:8080 breaks the Gadgets on my System Dashboard. How do I fix that?
IP Address:
image2016-11-26 15:0:49.png
DNS Name:
image2016-11-26 15:1:35.png
That almost always means that the JIRA server is not able to reach itself using that url. Can the server resolve that name back to itself? What does nslookup <your host name> give you?
nslookup points to my dynamic public IP address.
I'm using no-ip.net to map my dynamic public IP address to my JIRA Software server.
I've configured port forwarding on my cable modem to point to my router and the router forwards the same ports to the private IP address of my JIRA Software server.
Ok, that sounds like it's right, but we should check the whole route. On the JIRA server, try "wget http://[DNSName]:8080" - does that grab your JIRA dashboard/login page?
Yes, I've attached what was downloaded.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.