I have a problem creating trusted communication between JIRA and Confluence. The setup is the following:
- Crowd with a 50 users license
- JIRA with 10 users license
- There are 37 Users in JIRA of which are only 8 counting towards the license (i.e. are assigned to the group jira-users)
- Confluence with a 50 users license
- There are 37 Users in Confluence of which 33 count towards the license.
All applications use the AJP connector and Apache does the SSL handling.
I was able to configure an application link from Confluence to JIRA using Trusted Applications for the in- and outgoing authentication.
However, the application link in JIRA to Confluence is using Trusted Applications for the out-going authentication only. The incoming authentication is OAuth.
As I understand it this looks normal so far, right? After all JIRA is using only a subset of the users in Confluence and according to the diagram on http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+Authentication+for+an+Application+Link OAuth is the only way JIRA can handle the incoming authentication from Confluence. Is this correct?
The curious thing is: If I try to configure Trusted Applications as the incoming authentication method in JIRA I get the error: Unable to retrieve the application's certificate: Invalid response code of 500 returned from: https://wiki.xyz.ch/admin/appTrustCertificate.
Thanks in advance,
Thomas