Hello,
I am using JIRA v4.1.2 and let's say that I have created a custom field "customfield_10370".
I know that by associating this custom field to the "Default Screen" for example, the field will automatically appear in the Issue details panel of every Issue. However I cannot configure the exact position that the field will be displayed on the panel.
Is there some way to do that?
For now, to overcome this problem, I decided to adapt the velocity template "issuesummaryblock.vm" under "C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA 4.1.2\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\jira\issue\summary", by adding the following block to the position that I want to have the custom field displayed, and without of course associating the custom field to the "Default Screen" anymore:
#set ($fixedversion=$customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_10370"))
#if ($fixedversion.isInScope($issue.getProjectObject(), null))
#if ($fieldVisibility.isFieldHidden("customfield_10370", $issue) == false)
<li class="item item-right">
<div class="wrap">
<strong class="name">$i18n.getText("$fixedversion.name"):</strong>
<span id="fixedversion-val" class="value">
#set ($fixedversionval=$fixedversion.getValue($issue))
#if ($fixedversionval)
<span class="shorten" id="fixedversion-field">
#foreach ($v in $fixedversionval)
<a href="${baseurl}/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=ASC&sorter/field=priority&pid=${issue.projectObject.key}&customfield_10370=${v.id}" title="$textutils.htmlEncode($v.name) $!textutils.htmlEncode($!v.description)">$textutils.htmlEncode($v.name)</a>#if( $velocityCount < $fixedversionval.size() ),#end
#end
</span>
#else
$i18n.getText('common.words.none')
#end
</span>
</div>
</li>
#end
#end
Thank you,
Ioannis