Hi
First off we all know about the removal of the app passwords method of authentication. I thought I had changed this some time ago and all worked fine. I assume that you have permanently removed this method of authentication from BitBucket.
So why, purely at random at different times of the day, do I sometimes still get this error message when trying to push/pull using SourceTree and then at other times it works.
My account is set up to use OAuth and when I check it in the authentication screen it connects fine.
This is just wasting hours of our time, thousands of pounds, all because of your lousy product and it's labyrinthine authentication methods. This is one Atlassian product attempting to talk to another and failing. Setting up authentication should just not be so complicated.
Error message:-
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks push -v origin main:main
remote: CHANGE-3222 - Functionality has been deprecated
remote: App passwords are deprecated and must be replaced with API tokens.
remote: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/bitbucket/changelog#CHANGE-3222
SourceTree version:- 3.4.30