In my JIRA environment we have 100's of projects and many workflows. I want to customize the resolution field for my project with a unique workflow. I've been reading about many options, using custom fields for resolutions (resulting in 2 resolution fields, which I don't want), trying to hide the default Resolution field from screens (doesn't seem possible, correct me if I am wrong), and using the jira.field.resolution.include and jira.field.resolution.exclude properties and keys to customize the resolution field displayed on a screen.
Unfortunately my environment is polluted with enough projects and some admins have put in system resolution fields that aren't at all widespread. These are what I am trying to take out (and adding my own would be a bonus.
At some point it would also be great if I could have project specific priorities.
My questions:
Exactly how do I configure the jira.field.resolution.exclude and jira.field.resolution.include properties to hide unwanted resolution fields or add my own? How do I correspond the key with a Resolution field for exclusion and where do I find the key? I have JIRA 5.1.2.
Since we have 100's of projects, it would be great if there was a way to make it so resolutions were project specific without requiring configuration of the other 100's of projects.
If you know a way to do this successfully, it would be a big help if you could how me a screenshot of the transition configuration or workflow step for the jira.field.resolution.exclude/include and a screenshot showing your available system resolutions.
As you reply please consider that this is my first post to support.
If you have other suggestions that are relevant to achieving this I'm all ears.
Thanks,
Benjamin