Can security level visibility be changed such that any user can see and change the security level of an issue?
Absolutely not. That would break the security, rendering the security level system utterly useless.
I understand all that but the problem I'm having relates to the visibility of all the other security levels. Right now users can change the security level of an issue to those that they have access to. They cannot see security levels that they are not a part of. I want to know if I can make it so that all the levels are viewable by users.
Sorry, I think I wasn't clear. I meant to ask whether or not the code could be changed such that the security level field is viewable by anyone who has access the the issue. This way the issue can be changed to any other security level. This doesn't mean that the issue would be viewable by all. Only the different security levels will be viewable by all.
Ah, I see.
You don't need code change, just put the field on screen. If a user can see the issue because they match the security rules, then they will see the security level field as part of the standard display. To change it, they must have the permission to change security levels though (it won't show on edit/update screens if they do not)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.