I have some 300 fields & need to set default values for all.
Please sugggest a way, I checked for Jelly & rest api but to no avail.
I cant afford time to do it manually though
Unless you've got a good grounding in the Jira API and the script runner plugin installed, you're probably going to find that doing this by hand is going to be quicker than learning everything you need.
The script runner would at least allow you to convert 300 lines of "name of customfield" to 300 lines of "amend relevant field configurations"
Another dirty option might be direct SQL, but you'll have to work out the exact lines you need to insert to get the defaults into the right contexts, test them all in test, and remember to stop Jira and take a full backup before running the SQL.
As an aside - 300 customfields is almost certainly too many and you should be thinking about how to simplify, or split your Jira up.
In plugins too, I didnt find any api to set default value. do you?
There is no api to set default, i checked. If you have then please let me know.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.