Issue
We are setting up our first instance of confluence and are wanting to use jira as the user repository and are having issues doing so.
Details
I am seemingly running in circles after viewing documents in the FAQ and the admin documentation and am missing something that allows the two to work together correctly.
I currently have the following setup in Jira and in confluence.
Jira: Whitelisted confluence site address, create application link with incoming and outgoing auth,
Confluence: Application link back to jira with incoming and outgoing auth, Adding the Jira user directory is where I receive my errors.
Error when adding Jira User Directory
Connection test failed. Response from the server:
host parameter is null
The above message is received when using the Jira Server Url, the application name of jira and a set application password. Jira server permissions are set to Read Only and I am not Enabling Nested Groups.
Any assistance is appreciated.