I'm trying to connect my JIRA instance to Active Directory. I was able to connect to the active directory host, and to a folder called "Users" using this construction:
cn=users,dc=example,dc=com
Of course I changed "example" and "com," but since I'm not sure if that's sensitive information, I'll leave it out. My problem is this: the users I want to sync with JIRA aren't in the "users" folder, they're in a "Managed Users" folder. When I enter this:
cn=Managed Users,dc=example,dc=com (uppercase and lowercase didn't seem to matter)
I get the following error:
Test retrieve user : Failed
org.springframework.ldap.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - 0000208D: NameErr: DSID-031001CD, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best match of: 'DC=wonderlic,DC=internal' ]; nested exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - 0000208D: NameErr: DSID-031001CD, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best match of: 'DC=wonderlic,DC=internal' ]; remaining name 'cn=managed users,dc=wonderlic,dc=internal'
For more information regarding LDAP error codes see Troubleshooting LDAP Error Codes.
It seems to me that the problem is because the folder/directory name has a space in it. I tried single and double brackets around the name, still doesn't work. Any suggestions?