Is there a way to call issue.description but only show the fist 5 lines of the description?
I am sending a custom email and do not want to display the whole description in it as it might be really long.
You want something like this but it's a bit inelegant, also you'd want to show an ellipsis if you are truncating it.
Given a string s:
s.readLines()[0 .. (s.readLines().size() < 5 ? s.readLines().size() - 1 : 4)].join("\n")
There is probably something better in a textutils class.
Mehmet's answer is for velocity templates, whereas you have a GStringTemplate.
See here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Setting+a+Default+Value+in+the+Description+Field
That is for setting a default description. That is not what i am asking.
Right. If you look at the link I sent in details- especially the section that has the code:
## setup some additional parameters
$!rendererParams.put(
"rows"
,
"12"
)
haha... thanks... i missed that.
Actually. That does not work when sending through script runners send custom email post function.
Did you create the custom event and associate with your custom email template you have posted in the server?
You then use script runner to fire that up. One more thing, in order to have those vm's take affect, you need to restart JIRA instance.
So I dont want to edit vm templates as those are replaced every upgrade. That is why I am just having it done in the send email post function. If it is not possible there, then that is ok.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.