Hello Everyone!
I’ve been thinking about applying to become an Atlassian Champion since I really enjoy the community and helping others in the forums. But when reviewing the requirements today I noticed a couple of things that might make me ineligible so I wanted to confirm before applying.
I regularly attend live trainings and I also attended Team ‘26 online (and the years before), but I’m not someone who currently hosts Atlassian events. I saw that hosting an event every quarter is required and I’m not sure that’s something I’d want to commit to.
The other part is content creation. I’m not super into social media, I'll watch YouTube (or LinkedIn) training from like Robert Hean and others, and I’m fairly active on LinkedIn, but I’m curious how much social media involvement is expected as a Champion.
Before looking into the requirements to be eligible I thought the program might be more flexible, like you could focus on one of the areas. For example, helping in the forums and answering questions, which I really enjoy. If all areas are required then it might not be the right fit for me and that’s totally fine. I’ll still stay active and help where I can either way. Just wanted to check before applying.
Thanks for the help in advance!