Hi,
I have installed Bitbucket in the Amazon cloud on a Windows EC2 instance. I followed the instructions for configuriing the server.xml for usage with the Apache reverse proxy, but instead of Apache, I am trying to use an Amazon ELB (Elastic Load Balancer). From what I have read, this should be possible.
The change on the Bitbucket side involves adding the lines:
scheme="http"
proxyName="<my ELB URL>"
proxyPort="80" />
to server.xml
and adjusting the value of Base URL within the application. I made this:
http://<my ELB URL>
The ELB is configured to pass requests on port 80 through to the Bitbucket server on port 7990 -it's standard operating port. When I remove the proxy lines, the Bitbucket server works without a hitch on localhost.
I don't get the requests routing through (the browser just hangs and times out). I also have trouble setting the health check on the ELB to be TCP on port 7990. However, when I set it to a static page beneath IIS on port 80, it detects and active system. It just seems that the BitBuckter server is not redirecting back to the ELB.
Any suggestions?
Regards,
Stan