This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Bitbucket Server 4.13 release notes
I would love to have this feature, but as we have some very hard restrictions on certain repos, I need to be able to enable the "edit" in browser feature on a per-repository basis, so I can control who and where this feature can be used. Is this possible?
Please note that 'edit in browser' will respect the permissions you have already set up for any repository. If you have restricted write access and/or set up branch permissions for the repository, these permissions will be respected.
Those permissions are not the problem. We have a custom plugin that checks commit messages against a legacy system (pre-receive). This must not be circumvented, so I'd like to just disable the "Edit in Browser" on those repositories so they are only modified through "real" (pushed) changes...
Plugins can also reject the proposed changes that the 'edit in browser' feature makes. You can do that by adding an event listener for the FileEditRequestedEvent, validating the provided commit message and calling event.cancel if the proposed change does not meet your plugin's requirements.
FileEditRequestedEvent
event.cancel
Ah, perfect. I'll look into it, thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.