Hi,
As I'm now responsible for the technical nuts and bolts for both Jira and Confluence, I've been tasked with hardening the Apache protocols. For those unfamiliar: it's all about disabling the http Trace method, so that attackers cannot receive information about the structure of our network (running both Jira and Confluence from our own datacenter).
So far, I've succeeded in hardening Apache for our Jira servers using this helpful Atlassian how-to page , for which I'm very grateful.
But now for the hard part: The above solution doesn't seem to work for our Confluence (version 9.2.19, running on RHEL-9). Although Confluence starts up without any major errors, the service isn't approachable via web browser. This means I'm open to suggestions from you all regarding:
- Any helpful logs I could scan for valuable information (grep is my friend here)
- Any information as to why there is a difference here between Jira and Confluence, as we're talking about the sub-layer Apache, which should be the same for both
- Your own datacenter solution to this problem
Kind regards,
Dick