My colleague has a count of how many trello cards are in her column at one time. How do I get this?
Hello @Nicola Johnston
Trello doesn't include a permanent, native card count for lists out of the box. If your colleague sees one constantly, they are likely utilizing a browser extension like Card Counter or a Power-Up such as List Limits or Dashcards.
If you just need a quick check without installing anything, you can open your board, press F to open the filter menu, and type * into the search box. This temporarily displays the exact card count at the top of every list. To keep that view visible permanently, your best bet is to ask your colleague which specific tool or extension they have active so you can mirror their configuration. Count the cards in a list
Best,
Arkadiusz🤠
Update June 2026:
Trello has started showing list card counts natively. The old filter workaround is still useful for temporary counting, but if the count now appears permanently on every list, this is Trello’s current UI behavior and not a filter or browser extension.
Thank you so much the F then * worked perfectly so thank you.
Best
Nicki
@Arkadiusz Wroblewski I just refreshed my trello and now my card lists are showing the card counts and I do NOT want them there! I have no idea where they came from or how to turn this off. The only powerups I have are Calendar and Checklists is for trello. These two powerups I have had for years! How do I get these card counts off, please help!!!
@Jenna Grimshaw
Press x on your keyboard or click Filter > Clear filters at the top of your board.
If the numbers remain, try opening the board in an incognito window. If they disappear there, a browser extension is likely generating the counts, as external extensions won't show up in your Trello Power-Ups list.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.