On Bitbucket repository web page:- I click on Clone, then change from SSH to HTTPS
- Click on Clone in Sourcetree
- Sourcetree shows https://my_user_name@bitbucket.org/repository_name and reports "This is not a valid source path / URL" and will not allow clone
- Tried changing to https://my_email_address@bitbucket.org/repository_name still reports as not valid and cannot clone
- Repositories that had been previously cloned function normally
Hi @jeffrey_a_king
Would you mind accepting the answer if the issue has resolved?
Thanks,Anwesha
Hey @jeffrey_a_king ,
Can you check this troubleshooting article and try the steps defined there: Troubleshooting Bitbucket Git issues
Also, can you check your Windows Credential manager? You can see a few details about that here: https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Sourcetree-questions/Bitbucket-with-API-tokens-yet-again/qaa-p/3195923#M46947
Also, which Sourcetree version are you using? If you're not on the latest one, I'd suggest upgrading 👉 Sourcetree / Download archives
Cheers,Tobi
Thank you Tomislav.
I didn't get anything from the Bitbucket Git issues article.
In Credential Manager, I re-entered the API token for the password for the two entries marked in red:
From the "Bitbucket with API tokens! (yet again)" titled question, I performed the terminal commands shown:
Trying to clone from Sourcetree, here are the Details I get now:
Using 3.4.30 of Sourcetree.
- I deleted all sourcetree-rest entries in Windows Credential Manager
- same as Alastair Murray in Bitbucket with API tokens! (yet again), "my account on the 'remote repo' screen was broken (red glyph) until I reauthorised with user name and API token (I also tried email but that didn't work)"
- opened the Sourcetree console and performed:git config --global credential.helper coregit config --system credential.helper core
- the CredentialHelperSelector dialog wouldn't accept <no helper> in my case. It would only accept <windows cred>
- Account is authorized:
- I now receive this when I try to clone a remote repository:
- Snooping around in Tools > Options > Git, I see manage credentials via the Git Credential Manager is checked. It doesn't seem correct, should this be checked?:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.